Wednesday, January 4, 2012

You Got Nothing I Want


I've been trying to enjoy my days off, but last night I was lying in bed and it hit me just how soon my lease was up on my current place. I haven't even thought about packing, let alone actually started. And there has been no proper househunting happening. I've been doing a bit of looking on real estate websites, but must admit I haven't been very motivated. I haven't been going to any open houses or inspections. To be honest, it's all been rather disappointing. There's a lot of crap out there in my price range, and I'm worried that even when I do find the perfect place I'll get overlooked by a professional couple who have double the amount of money to contribute.

I've had a couple of offers from people to live with them, but I really want to try this living alone thing. Not only am I a grumpy person who needs quiet and solitude, I kind of also want to prove to myself that I can do it.

This is yet another one of those things that I told myself I'd worry about in the new year.. and hello.. it's January.

(And no, that picture is not my messy yard. Although, being an apartment dweller, I'd kill for a yard, even if it was as overgrown and weedy as that one.)

No comments:

Post a Comment