Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Shake It Up


What a great couple of weeks. It's gone far too quickly, like I knew it would, and it's back to work tomorrow.

I had a fantastic time in Melbourne helping to celebrate my friend Amy's birthday. I think we figured out that it had been about ten years since we'd actually seen each other, but it was amazing that with all that time that had passed it still seemed like I'd only seen her yesterday. (I guess facebook helps :)

It was all junkfood, no sleep, musicals, laneways, birthdays, cider, fondue, mulled wine, coffee, old friends, shopping, engagements, Chinese food, champagne, dancing, pyjamas, AM radio, MTV, giant bread, awesomeness.

One of the many rest stops. Lisa's checking out the amazing wall of doors that I became obsessed with. The letterbox might have also inspired a certain sleep-deprived person to write a letter on a napkin.


Lucha libre roller derby. What more can I say?

Shopping

Pyjamas, bad food, really bad TV... possibly the best way to spend a birthday.



Oh, sorry, the best way to spend your birthday is chatting to hilarious drunk middle aged women in the rain after an awesome night of Chinese food and dancing.

Fondue!



View from upstairs at mag nation.


I bought some hideously tacky candles to put on Amy's birthday cake, but I think due to the sugar coma, the cake didn't end up getting made. So yesterday I thought it would only be appropriate to whip up some red velvets in honour of the wonderful birthday girl.

Tacky candles mandatory.

And you'll notice that all my pictures are extremely crap and taken on my phone. I had great intentions of taking my good camera, but just found more important things to fill my bag with. I also ordered this super cute juicebox camera to take with me, but only received it this morning in the mail.

It's so cute, though, I don't mind that it came late. I can't wait to start using it.

I also got some other awesome mail from my wonderful friend Kye, who shares my dinosaur obsession.

Yes, that is what she drew on the envelope. I wish I was her.

I could not be more excited to make this. It's come with a suggestion to paint it orange and black in honour of Halloween, but I have this urge to see a velociraptor covered in silver glitter, so we'll see..

And lastly, speaking of Halloween and awesome friends, Lisa gave me this book over the weekend.
I'm so excited to start testing recipes for my Halloween party (which is coming up way too soon! I need to do some planning!)

No comments:

Post a Comment